Bruce Lee is the type of man that comes across maybe once a generation. The most influential martial artist of all time starred in the classic films Big Boss, Fists Of Fury, Way Of The Dragon, Enter The Dragon and The Game Of Death and forever changed the genre. Apart from his acting career, Bruce Lee also became a martial arts instructor, philosopher, filmmaker, and the founder of Jeet Kune Do.
Here are our favorite Bruce Lee quotes.
1. “When you’re talking about fighting, as it is, with no rules, well then, baby you’d better train every part of your body.”
2. “Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him.”
3.“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”
4. “Don’t get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.”
5. “To grow, to discover, we need involvement, which is something I experience every day — sometimes good, sometimes frustrating. No matter what, you must let your inner light guide you out of the darkness.”
6. “I have changed from self-image actualization to self-actualization, from blindly following propaganda, organized truths, etc. to searching internally for the cause of my ignorance.”
7. “The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems.”
8. “Don’t fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.”