If you are taking the time to read this article, its pretty safe to assume that you train and are careful about your nutrition. But odds are that you’re not getting the most out of your diet, and that’s where Dan Leith comes in. Leith is a leading nutritionist who works with many of today’s top UFC champions. He literally makes a living feeding the biggest, baddest athletes in the most grueling and demanding sport known to man. Dan Leith and his partner George Lockhart, of FitnessVT, work with elite UFC fighters such as Daniel Cormier, Cain Velasquez, Conor McGregor, Chris Cyborg, and Luke Rockhold to name just a few.
Today, we debut Dan’s new program on The Man Guide – “Feeding the Beast with Dan Leith.” This is where he teaches us what to eat in order to get the most out of our training and how to actually prepare many of the signature dishes he feeds professional UFC fighters. Today’s segment features his popular Pan Seared Rib-Eye Steak recipe. Check it out to learn how to make this simple, yet healthy and delicious, protein packed meal.
- Grassfed rib-eye Steak
- One organic avocado from Mexico
- Himalayan Salt
- Cracked pepper
- Ghee Butter
- Cast iron fry pan
- Cover both sides of the steak with Himalayan salt 1 hour before cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add cracked pepper to taste
- Place cast iron fry pan on stove and turn the burner on high heat
- Add 1 tbsp. of Ghee butter to the pan and let the surface reach up to roughly 400 degrees before adding the steak. Make sure the surface of the steak is dry. If there is any liquid, blot dry with paper towel.
- Let it sear for approximately 2 – 2.5 minutes per side. It’s important to sear all the sides of the steak including the edges.
- Transition the pan into the oven for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- The Internal temperature should reach approximately 130 degrees.
- Transfer the steak to cutting board and let it rest for 10 min before cutting.
- Serve with half of an organic avocado from Mexico.
For more information on Dan Leith, check out his Man To Man Interview.