We all know technology is advancing faster than ever. In our new techno-based society almost anything is possible, including a watch that acts as a smart device.
If you don’t already own a smart watch, here are seven reasons you should consider getting one:
1. It’s a watch. This seems like a simple reason, but I’m putting it out there anyways. If you don’t have a watch, you need one anyways. It might as well be a computer too.
2. It can connect to your phone and act as a secondary device. You can answer calls via Bluetooth, read text messages, tweets and Facebook notifications.
3. You can control your music. Most smart watches today have built in storage to hold your music. You can connect Bluetooth headphones to your watch and pause, play and switch through songs on your watches music player.
4. You can track your fitness. You can download certain apps that will allow your smart watch to act as a fitness tracking device. It would be like having a fitbit that is also a watch.
5. A camera, literally at your fingertips. Some smart watches, such as the Galaxy Gear 2, have a built in camera that allows you to snap photos from your watch.
6. It will save the battery life on your phone. As much as your phone is ‘supposed’ to last all day on a single charge, any regular smart phone user knows it doesn’t. You can stop pulling your phone out for every text, tweet or phone call. This is not only convenient, it is smart, it will allow your phone to last throughout the day.
7. It looks cool. You don’t have to be a geek to know that looking tech savvy is in right now. But, if you don’t want to wear a watch that looks like a gadget, there are tons of Smart Watches out there that look like an average watch, such as the LG G Watch R.
If you want to check out some Smart Watches, here are a few:
Samsung Gear 2: http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/gear/gear2_features.html
LG G Watch R: http://www.lg.com/global/gwatch/index.html#main
Asus ZenWatch: http://www.asus.com/Phones/ASUS_ZenWatch_WI500Q/
Now go, geek on.